National Chef of the Year - Entry Guidelines
Entry Guidelines Competitors should pay particular attention to:
- Weighed ingredients
- Peeled, not prepared fruit and vegetables
- Basic stocks and sauces
- Puff pastry, filo pastry
- Egg custards (not set) and batters
- Marinated meats or fish (where appropriate)
- Marinated, preserved, dehydrated or fermented fruit or vegetable garnishes
Competitors should be aged 27 years or older on 10th October 2023
Dish Photography: seasonal variations will be allowed for the purposes of photographs accompanying competition entries.
40 semi-finalists will be selected from the initial entry stage, announced Thursday 29th June.
Successful paper entries - Semi-Finalists are then required to create a short video describing your passion and inspiration behind their menu – details will be given to all semi-finalists on Friday 30th June
10 finalists are then selected (announced Thursday 27th July) and will be required to cook their original entry on Tuesday 10th October
Details for the final will be send to all finalists on Friday 28th July
Unless otherwise stated, competitors are required to supply all food and specialist equipment.
Competitors should be aware that cook off for finals will be in October and should consider seasonal changes accordingly. Successful finalists will be permitted to make seasonal changes closer to the final in accordance to the rules.
Dates to note:
- Closing date for receipt of preliminary entries: Monday 22nd May
- Announcement of the semi-finalists: Thursday 29th June
- Stage 2: Deadline: Monday 10th July
- Finalist Mentor Day: Wednesday 6th September, London based venue
- Grand Final Tuesday: 10th October, University of West London (UWL)
- Premiere Awards Celebration: Tuesday 10th October 2023, London
Wishing you the very best of luck with your application. Results of the preliminary entries will be announced on Thursday 29th June. Don’t forget to follow The National Chef of the Year on Twitter @Craft_Guild #ncoty